Tag: marriage counseling near me
Family therapy in Marriage Therapy for Utah families is a therapeutic model that aims to change the pattern of family interaction so that it can fix the problems in the family. Family therapy comes from the observation that the problems that exist in individual therapy have consequences and social context. For example, clients who demonstrate improvement during individual therapy may be disrupted again after returning to their family. According to the early theory of psychopathology, the family environment and parent-child interaction are the causes of maladaptive behaviour. Research on family therapy began in the 1950s by an anthropologist named Gregory Bateson who examined the pattern of communication in a family of schizophrenic patients in Palo Alto, California. his study produced two concepts of therapy and family pathology, namely:
– The double bond
In family therapy, the appearance of an interruption occurs when one member improves but another family member prevents it from stabilising.
– Family homoeostasis (family stability)
How families keep their stability when threatened. Therefore, to improve the function of family members, the system in the family must be influenced by involving all family members rather than the individual.
Our capabilities include:
– Preparation of Information: Ability to organise various actions in a particular pattern or order according to established rules (eg patterns of words, numbers, letters, images, mathematical operations).
– Oral Understanding: The ability to listen and understand information and ideas conveyed through word and verbal sentences
– Oral Expression: Ability to communicate information and ideas when speaking so that others can understand what is being said
– Sensitivity Problem: Capability to tell when there is something wrong or maybe wrong. This does not include solving the problem, only knowing if there is a difficulty.
– Clarity Speaks: Ability to speak clearly so that others can understand what is being said
– Understanding Discussion: Ability to identify and understand the conversation of others.